Saturday, May 16, 2009

photo challenge--Man vs. nature

I have 2 sub-sets for this challenge. The first two go together and are called "Baby vs. nature :)". The last three make up another set.












Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Baby vs Nature is adorable - love that hat!!

    the bright colors in it are great - and even though dandelions are weeds, I still think they're lovely.

    I like the first one better than the 2nd one - there's a very cool effect with how *bright* the second photo is but the first photo seems more "frameable" to me.

    The first one of the next series - I took a look at the photo in a larger size and there's only one bit of the fence that's really in focus and it's gorgeous, and I like that part of the curly twig thingie wrapping around part of the fence is in focus too.

    The 2nd one of that series is stunning - the only thing that bothers me a little upon looking at the photo in a larger size is that blurry stick bit jutting out in the top left corner, but other than that the details of the leaves, the blue sky and the way the sunlight filters through the leaves...lovely.

    The 3rd one - at first, given the angle, I kind of thought it wasn't as dramatic as the other two photos but, the way the stem and the leaves are shooting out from the fence as if "breaking free" there is definitely a dramatic feeling of nature fighting containment with this one - you've also once again captured gorgeous sunny lighting and some great details here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh.. Ruthie vs. nature- I love these-
    I agree with Bexy that the first one seems a little stronger than the second one for a couple reasons- the composition of colors is wonderful- they are broken up in very clear chunks- blue, red, green, yellow- and I like the interaction of Ruthie reaching for the dadelion.
    Great series of the vine vs. fence- just stunning! I am so glad you got one of the light coming through the leaves- and the layering that happens- just a cool effect that I have always loved capturing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Baby vs Nature. I think that it is adorable! The first one is really great! I hope that you printed and framed it. The colors are nice as well as the framing. I agree that the second one is not as strong as the first.

    The first one in the second series is great! I love the different colors on the fence. It makes it very interesting. I also like the second one of that series, but I feel that the third one would be more interesting at a diagonal instead of horizontal. I like it much better when I tilt my head to the left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW KATIE!!!!!! Thoroughly impressed this week. What inner artistic goddess did you channel this week to produce such gorgeous pictures!!! lol

    Alright now seriously. The first picture is soooooo perfect. I can not think of a single thing that I would change! Really really cute. Everything about it is great. The second one I agree with everyone else that it doesn't do much for me. I think it ould actually be better if you cropped it and got rid of the bit to the right that is overexposed. The first one is clearly the star!!!

    But anyway, onto the next series. Again, really really nice. The second and third are my favorites for sure. The lighting in these is gorgeous. I agree with erica that the third I would love to see flipped vertically. I love in the third photo how that shoot was clearly pruned last season by a human trying to prevent it from encroaching upon their space in some way and this spring it shows new growth sprouting forth........Love that!

    Great job this week. Really enjoyed these. I never new a regular old chain link fence could be so beautiful! lol thanks.

    ReplyDelete