Click here to see this week's challenge. Basically, we were to take photos that signify that Spring is FINALLY here! The first 5 are my challenge entries. The last one is a bonus, because I thought it was funny :)
Nice job this week Katie. 2,3,4 are my favorites. They work very nice together as a collection. 3 has a beautiful, and interesting composition. I like the touches of green in 4 and how it sort of anchors the photo. The pink tree is fantastic....how gorgeous! Spring is beautiful where you are. Thanks for sharing your spring with me. :)
The first one I really like the textures and the bright green popping up from the mud, as well as the random sticks.
Second one, definiely says "spring"!
Third one, this one doesn't do it for me as much. I think it's the yellow bunch of flowers in the background - for me it's distracting, but I see the need for something colorful in the background.
Fourth one's just super. Like the sense of motion in this photo like Spring's really coming at you :)
The last two are really cute and so very midwest. The last one in particular has a lovely reflection on the not-so-icy lake!
Katie~ I love the one with the windsocks- awesome angle- I love how the breeze is making them move a little for the picture- great capture of something repetitive and colorful- cool! The one with the pink flowers is STUNNING- I love those trees :)
Very nice pictures! I especially like the pink tree. It is vibrant and something about it just draws you in... I also REALLY like your "for fun" picture. It made me giggle! Nice shots!
#1 is by far my favorite...I can't quite put my finger on why though. It's such an unusual view and one I would not expect from you. I love that you are obviously experimenting with your camera.
#s 2,3,4 are lovely pictures of spring. I like how you were conscience of composition in these images. With the pink flowers you left just enough sky to make an interesting image. If you had filled your whole frame with the flowers it would have not been as interesting.
#3 has beautiful textures and I love the shallow depth of field in this one. One little word of caution though, be careful of dividing your image in half. In this case it actually works since you have the flower so dominantly positioned on the left side...but I do feel that the buds don't break into that bottom space enough...
What beautiful colours in #5! Love those windsocks. Another creative and well done shot!
Kato, these pictures are really cool! I especially like the one with the yellow flower...they are all so pretty, though :)
ReplyDeleteNow, where are more pictures of my favorite Ruthie?!?
Nice job this week Katie. 2,3,4 are my favorites. They work very nice together as a collection. 3 has a beautiful, and interesting composition. I like the touches of green in 4 and how it sort of anchors the photo. The pink tree is fantastic....how gorgeous! Spring is beautiful where you are. Thanks for sharing your spring with me. :)
ReplyDeleteNice job with these :)
ReplyDeleteThe first one I really like the textures and the bright green popping up from the mud, as well as the random sticks.
Second one, definiely says "spring"!
Third one, this one doesn't do it for me as much. I think it's the yellow bunch of flowers in the background - for me it's distracting, but I see the need for something colorful in the background.
Fourth one's just super. Like the sense of motion in this photo like Spring's really coming at you :)
The last two are really cute and so very midwest. The last one in particular has a lovely reflection on the not-so-icy lake!
Katie~
ReplyDeleteI love the one with the windsocks- awesome angle- I love how the breeze is making them move a little for the picture- great capture of something repetitive and colorful- cool!
The one with the pink flowers is STUNNING- I love those trees :)
Very nice pictures! I especially like the pink tree. It is vibrant and something about it just draws you in...
ReplyDeleteI also REALLY like your "for fun" picture. It made me giggle!
Nice shots!
Yay! I love your spring photos!
ReplyDelete#1 is by far my favorite...I can't quite put my finger on why though. It's such an unusual view and one I would not expect from you. I love that you are obviously experimenting with your camera.
#s 2,3,4 are lovely pictures of spring. I like how you were conscience of composition in these images. With the pink flowers you left just enough sky to make an interesting image. If you had filled your whole frame with the flowers it would have not been as interesting.
#3 has beautiful textures and I love the shallow depth of field in this one. One little word of caution though, be careful of dividing your image in half. In this case it actually works since you have the flower so dominantly positioned on the left side...but I do feel that the buds don't break into that bottom space enough...
What beautiful colours in #5! Love those windsocks. Another creative and well done shot!