Friday, March 27, 2009

Photo Challenge 10

This week's challenge was "passage of time/growth". I had a hard time coming up with ideas this time...until Friday. I kind of took the "passage of time" part and ran with it. This didn't give me a ton of time to figure out exactly what I wanted to do. But, I tried some new things, and actually had to drive places to take these. I had hoped the second one would be more "sunset-y", and I'm not very experienced with night shots. I think I could have gotten some better shots if I gave myself more time. Anyway, here they are--enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Took me a minute to get the concept fully (at first I thought I was looking at the same building cos my eyes first focused on the crosses in the first 2 pics - doh!)

    What makes this really interesting as a set is looking at the clocks and matching them to the daylight/evening - there's a little story there :)

    I like that you have something mostly round in the first shot contrasted with sharp angles in the 2nd shot.

    The 3rd shot, while it's a bit blurry, I really like the concept, and the placement of the tree branches sort of framing the clock... and when I clicked on the photo to see a larger size I noticed the added detail of the flag waving on top of the building.

    great photos and great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you interpreted the challenge- Katie! I like how each building is taken at a different time of day- and they are all clocks! awesome
    #1 The sky is SO blue in this one- really gives the building a warm hue- This one seems to be a little different from the others because it's not taken at quite as drastic of an angle as the other ones- but it's a lovely shot, none the less :)
    2. Love the angle on this one- a little different way to view the cathedral steeple- can totally tell that it's dusk :)
    3. A tripod works wonders for night time shots- makes them SO much clearer- but this is such a neat angle to take the clock at, since you have to look through the silhouette of a tree to see it- great job!
    ~Em

    mine are up now, too(finally:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job this week Katie! I love the clock theme. There is something really great about clocks as architectural elements. When I was in europe for a while I had fun shooting them too!!! Zurich is full of amazing ones! I think every photo is good this week. I do wish the last night time shot was more in focus. But I love the branches and how it frames the clock.....very good choice! Thanks for sharing this week and I'm very glad that you got your inspiration on Friday and pulled it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! The first one is my favorite. I like the shape of that building the most and I also love how the blue sky pops! I also really like the last one because of the reddish branches in front of the building. I wish I could see the clock better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie, these are really cool! I like how you tried to get some creative angles with some of the churches.

    The first shot is by far the plainest image of the three since it is taken at a very straight angle, as apposed to how you photographed the other two. What makes it successful, however, is that you did not center the cross thing...by shifting the camera over just a little it can make a picture so much more interesting!

    I love, with the second photo, how I get a sense of you looking way way way up. It's a nice image with some beautiful angles in it.

    I love your little story that went along with this photo. I know what you mean about not wanting to stay in a certain neighborhood for too long. The fact that the image is a little blurry actually makes the light seem all that brighter...but I do agree that if the image was sharper the three pictures would look better together. I think it's great how you framed the clock through the trees! That is just great! by doing that you keep the viewer's eye right where you want it to be, almost like you're harnessing the clock itself.

    Love your concept and execution!

    ReplyDelete