Friday, March 6, 2009

Macro Photo Challenge

This weeks challenge was to take really close-up pictures that aren't immediately recognizable. I had a lot of fun with this one, and actually have a theme this week! :) See if you can figure it out!



5 comments:

  1. oohh looks like someone's been baking!

    The first one I guess is a kitchen utensil of some sort although what it is exactly I'm not sure but it's a cool pic!I like the black and the overall metallic look to it.

    The second one looks cookie-ish and sugary and oh so yummy. The sugar crystals sparkle a bit too - nice!

    The 3rd pic looks like eggs to me though I wish the image was a bit clearer.

    4th one - oh my gosh - how awesome is cookie dough! The blue and red in the photo - not quite sure what that is but it adds some depth and an unexpected splash of color :)

    and last...final result of hard work. Lovely photo. I can't tell if it's chocolate chips or raisins though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the progression of the photos- empty mixer- ingredients, more ingredients, batter, and finally, COOKIES!!!
    fantastic set of pics here, katie- I love the compositions of htem- and the colors, and the shapes- just awesome :)
    em

    haha...my word I need to type in to get this comment accepted is oven. seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this set! The first picture doesn't give me as much of a warm and fuzzy feeling. The second one is my favorite. I really like that there is brown on top, whitish on the bottom and a white and brown splotchy in the middle. It really brought the colors together for me. They all made me really hungry for cookies.

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, let me say that I totally love that you picked a theme for all your photos. The work together beautifully as a set!

    1.) Not only did you make a set of photos but you posted them in a progression so they tell a story of sorts... This is the perfect place to start. I love that the beater blade goes diagonally through the photo. The negative spaces it creates are really fun.

    2.) I agree with Erica, this one is my favorite too. The roundness of the brown sugar lump moves my eyes into the photograph while the butter line moves my eyes over to the left, where I notice the little spots of brown sugar on the left and my eyes are brought back into the image. It's the kind of photo that keeps you looking and looking.

    3.) I agree with other posters, It would be nice if more of the photo was in focus. I think a little more contrast would be nice too...perhaps next time experiment with using a light source and move it around. That will help you get a little more definition out of otherwise light or bland subjects.

    4.) I love that you brought us back to the beater, but this time transformed! Oh and is that a yummy chocolate chip on the end?

    5.) Like the egg photo I wish there was just a little more contrast in this image, but you gave us enough context to figure it out. My only really criticism is that I wish I could see more chocolate chips in the cookie that's in focus. It would make the photo really pop and would reiterate your theme.

    I totally love this set Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your series here... I am also hungry for cookies now ;~)

    It took me until a few pictures in to realize exactly what the progression was but the dough tipped me off ;~) Great closeups!

    ReplyDelete