Monday, January 18, 2010

Show me the Love

Ruthie has been learning and practicing ways of showing affection to others. Her 'kiss' has been tamed from a wide-opened, slobbery, licking mouth to an only slightly-open-mouthed and almost no tongue quick peck, followed by a giggle.
She has surprised me with her hugging lately. In the last month or so, she has been hugging her friends without any prompting from me. I guess she just really likes them :) She loves hugging Josiah. Her hug has also evolved from a strangle-hold to a slightly more gentle, but still hearty wrangling. Here are examples of both.





Note: The second video was taken after I witnessed a similar hug, followed by both of the babies looking at eachother, and simultaneously leaning in for a kiss, after which they both started giggling! So wish I got THAT on tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment