Friday, January 8, 2010

Photo Challenge #46- Self portrait

RULES:
a Self-portrait featuring a physical attribute that you find endearing or beautiful about yourself- something that you feel makes you uniquely "you".
Submit one photo.
This photo can be color or black and white.
Go ahead and "tweak" it if you feel like it!

I chose to take a picture of my pinky finger. I have unique pinkies. They are short. And not just because I have small hands in general; they are short even compared to the rest of my fingers. I think there is a bone physically missing from my 5th finger--when I make a fist, it's like there is a dent instead of a bump where the finger meets the rest of the hand. Strange, huh? I figure it must be genetic, since my sister has the same thing. Anyway, without further ado, here is my freakishly short pinky:

Click here to see other entries

3 comments:

  1. Good choice :)
    My mutated phalange (sp?) is always my "One thing not many people know about me" fact when forced to take part in "mixers"...I guess pretty soon everyone will know. You should show a picture of your non-knuckle knuckle, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great choice! I really love the exposure here- natural light??
    Beautiful set-up, too- the angle of the shot is neato- I would be interested to know how you took a shot of your left hand while holding the camera- must have felt a little awkward! great job doing it, though!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was quite awkward! My wrist was bent really funny, and it is hard holding the camera with one hand and pushing the button without it moving a ton. I took it right next to the window behind our couch, in soft sunlight.

    ReplyDelete