Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Photo Challenge: Shapes in Architecture

Search out and find a:
1.) Circle
2.) Square
3.) Triangle

Rules:
1.) B/W or Colour
2.) 3 photos, or all shapes in one (if you can manage!)
3.) No Tweaking


There is this interesting little gazebo/monument thing at the park near us. I thought it looked really cool with all the fall colors and leaves around it. The square is a bit of a stretch (I'll admit, they are rectangles, not squares). The first photo is the entire structure, and the others are closeups on the shapes. And yes, that is an empty vodka bottle in the 'square' photo.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. The yellow of the leaves really compliment your subject Katie. I'm glad you waited to take these photos.

    #1 is by far my favorite shot. There's a nice contrast between the ridged shape of the structure and the organic nature of the trees behind it. Again the colours really help the shapes pop.

    I think the bottle in the last image actually takes away from the focus. Stupid people who litter!

    diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful Fall photos! The colors in the first one are really pretty. I like the view from the inside with the triangle. I like the yellow so much and wonder what it would be like if there were more yellow in the triangle. I agree with Diana about the bottle in the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. second one is Definitely my favorite- just phenomenal!!!!

    ReplyDelete