

I just got back from my second major trip to visit family (the first was for Thanksgiving). It was part of my first Christmas celebration. A couple days before Christmas, Mom made some yummy looking things called cookies--I am told they tasted good too. The day before Christmas a lot of people came over to our house, and Mom & Dad cooked some more yummy-smelling food.


I got to hang out with my new friend Josiah--it was fun to have someone to play with in my fort, although he doesn't do much playing yet. I did try to help him figure out how to use his arm, and everyone thought it was soooo cute because I was holding his hand...I dont' know what the big deal was. That night we all went to church, where there was lots of pretty music and a guy up front talking. In a couple years I'll learn what that's all about. It must be important, because we went to church the next morning too, and heard about a little baby who was born in a barn but would grow up to save everyone.

After church we packed up and took a long car ride. When I woke up Grandma, Grandpa, and Great-Grandma Reichardt were there, as well as Aunt Becky and Uncle Matt. They all had a nice meal, and then Grandma started handing out boxes that were wrapped up in bright paper. She gave a couple to me, and Becky helped me rip off the paper (I don't know why you would want to ruin a perfectly good bright-colored box...). But there was some pretty neat stuff inside too. We went to a couple other places with lots of people who held me the whole time, so I was happy.

Then we went for another long car ride and I saw Grandma and Grandpa Konop again. There was more food and more presents, and lots of hugs and kisses. Especially from my cousin Jada :) I got a new toy with fishes that I can hit (I love things that hang in front of me!)
You will have to check out our photo album for more pictures from my first Christmas. I hope you all had a great Christmas too, and a Happy New Year!
-Ruthie
No comments:
Post a Comment