Pick an object, pick a window in your place of residence and photograph that object at different times of the day at said window.
Rules:
1. Your object can be anything really, someone's head, a glass jar...whatever you'd like, just make sure it's the same thing in every photo.
2. At the end of the week you will have to Submit 6 photos-three sets of two images.
3. Photograph your object at three different times of the day. One photo is to be the same angle (so you'll have three total that look the same but that were taken at different times) and for the second photo of each set try and use the light available in the best possible way.
4. Please no tweaking since this is an exercise in light.
5. Submissions due between Friday, June 5 and Sat., June 6.
6. B/W or colour
------------------------------
I don't really have a great window for this challenge; so I used the back door :)
------------------------------
I don't really have a great window for this challenge; so I used the back door :)
6 a.m.
I don't know why it decided to flip this picture, and I don't know how to turn it the right way--sorry!!
12:30 p.m.
7:30 p.m.
And a bonus, because I think it looks cool :) This was taken around 10:30 p.m. I would have used this time for the challenge, but I couldn't get a good photo at the same angle as the others (I don't have a tripod and couldnt' hold the camera still enough for such a long exposure--these were around 10 seconds!)
Was it overcast when these photos were taken? they have a cloudy vibe to them :)
ReplyDeleteThe ones taken at the same angle are interesting - the morning and evening shot look very similar but the midday shot stands out and looks a lot brighter.
Putting the pitcher on a stack of books is a nice creative touch!
The other three shots all go well together as they are photos of different sections of the vase - did you plan to photograph a specific section of the pitcher depending on the time of day or was it a random choosing?
I think my favorite of those three is the last one where you show the detailed bottom of the pitcher - really pretty lines and lighting.
Assuming you had the pitcher on the same stack of books, it's interesting the difference in the shade of red with the 2nd photo where you're looking down into the pitcher versus the other photos where you're looking at the side and the top book is a darker red.
The bonus photo is pretty darn cool too!
Nicely done!
Wow! It's really interesting to watch the etched part on the bottom change through-out the day! It also makes me smile that you put them all on a giant stack of books. :-)
ReplyDeleteThe first one does not do as much for me as the other ones. I might have liked it more if it were a little off center of if the spouty part was at a different angle.
I really like the second one! It gives me a really feminine, hour glass feel to it. I like looking at the background on each side and then seeing it changed through the glass. Is the curvy line on the right of the pitcher the sidewalk or a reflection? Oooo, I hope it's the sidewalk!
The last one is VERY pretty. I really like the framing of this one.
Nice work!
I love the close ups on this little vase! Good choice on angles and nice try at different compositions. I agree that the morning and night shots were very similar and the noon one stood out as different as far as light goes! I really like the night one too!!!! Thanks for including it. :)
ReplyDeleteKatie- I LOVE that you stacked books in your front hall for these- great thinking!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy your later ones the best- especially the detail shot of the 7:30 and the 10:30 one- great job on picking up the lines-even the ones that can be seen faintly from the other side of the glass- gives the glass a nice, soft feel.
great job on the long exposure, too- way to play around!
~Em