Thursday, March 25, 2010

Look who's talking!

Ruthie has been just exploding with words lately. And whenever she sees something she recognizes and can say, she just has to say it...loudly...and often! Here are a few of her favorite words:

mama
dada
ball
cat
car
door
keys
flamingo (it doesn't sound at all like flamingo, but is the cutest word she says :)
many of her friends' names
Ruth ('wooo')
duck
bath
baby (probably the most clear word she says)
sock
shoe
coat
butt
eye
toe
go
a growing assortment of animal sounds

Of course, most of this is in Ruthie-speak, which only I and sometimes daddy can decipher, but she is getting better and better at repeating sounds and words. She has also added a few more signs to her repertoire (help, baby, eat). It's so cool to see her learning and doing new things every day. I hope it never gets old!
I'll try to get some good video of her talking soon--it's hard to do since she can spot the video camera a mile away, and just needs to look through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment