Friday, April 17, 2009

Candids

This week's challenge was to take candid photos. Here are some that I took over Easter weekend at Grandma & Grandpa K's place:





3 comments:

  1. Hi, Katie!
    this is a nice series with your family- I especially like the one with B's mom- the look that you captured on her face is so natural and beautiful!
    I can tell that you were somewhat unsure of how to get a more artistic candid- you just have to play around with angles and getting a little closer to the subject- their faces are what's important, so you don't necessarily need to have their entire head in the frame- but I understand that you were getting more of a "group" shot which is more difficult to make artistic and different.
    Another til- try taking from a lower angle when you have a lager group like that- even get down onto the floor. Yes, you probably will get weird looks, but you'll get used to it eventually.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katie!

    I like what Em had to say about your pictures. It's fun watching you challenge yourself and to see how your pictures change as you go along.

    The last one is my favorite! I think it is the strongest composition of the three. The way the three people are looking at the computer helps draw the eye in that direction.

    LIke Emily suggested, don't be afraid to get in closer to your subjects and try different angles...from way above is a fun one!

    diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It looks like you had an easter full of lots of family. It makes me a bit jealous since I grew up with holidays with only me, my sister, mom and dad. My favorite of your series is the second one. It was a great capture on the face of the woman and you can actually see the love on her face.

    ReplyDelete