Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Get your Umbrellas!


I'm not exactly sure why they're called "showers", but I have been blessed to have two Baby Showers in the past month. My awesome friends got together to play some silly and informative games, eat good food, enjoy eachothers' company, and shower my (or, more accurately, my baby) with gifts. I guess that's were the "shower" thing comes from...

Diana and Emily thought up a "Literary" baby shower. Diana did tons of research and made up a quiz on children's books and authors. We all had a great time reminiscing about our favorite childhood books. I got lots of amazing books for our daughter--it will be fun to see which one(s) end up being her favorite(s)!


Brooke and Kelly (from work) hosted a "Duckie" themed shower, after I mentioned to Brooke that I thought duckies were really cute for baby stuff :) We played some more traditional games, such as guessing the next line of the nursery rhyme, Baby Gift Bingo, and matching baby names with meanings (Tamara=Palm tree :). My favorite was a game where everyone cut a length of ribbon that they thought would match my belly circumference. A few people were pretty close, but everyone guessed too long! Check out our Web Albums (link on the right) for some pics from the baby shower.

-kt

No comments:

Post a Comment